Century 21 Sweyer & Associates manages three separate businesses. It is vital that after reading the general Application Agreement below, you scroll to the appropriate business to read further terms of agreement, as each rental policy may differ.
APPLIES TO ALL APPLICANTS:
The following Application Agreement will be signed by all applicants prior to signing a lease contract. While some of the information below may not yet be applicable to your situation, there are some provisions that may become applicable prior to signing a lease contract. In order to continue with this online application, you'll need to review the Application Agreement carefully and acknowledge that you accept its terms.
1. Application Fee (nonrefundable). You have delivered to our representative an application fee in the amount indicated below, and this payment partially defrays the cost of administrative paperwork. It's nonrefundable.
2. If You Fail to Sign Lease Contract After Approval. Unless we authorize otherwise in writing, you and all co-applicants and co-signers must sign the Lease Contract and pay required security deposit in a money order or cashier's check within 2 days after we give you our approval in person, by telephone or by email. If you or any co-applicant or co-signers fail to sign as required, we may terminate all further obligations under this Agreement.
3. If You Withdraw Before Approval. If you or any co-applicant withdraws an Application or notifies us that you've changed your mind about renting the dwelling unit, we'll be entitled to retain all application fees, and the parties will then have no further obligation to each other.
4. Completed Application. An Application will not be considered "completed" and will not be processed until all of the following have been provided to us: a separate Application has been fully filled out and signed by each applicant and co-signers (when applicable), proof of income, photo ID and photo of pet (when applicable),and application fee has been paid to us. All are necessary for the Application to be considered completed.
5. Processing of Application. Typically, it will take 48 business hours to process an application. You must not assume approval until you receive actual notice of approval.
6. Keys or Access Devices. We'll furnish keys and/or access devices only after: (1) all parties have signed the contemplated Lease Contract and other rental documents referred to in the Lease Contract; and (2) all applicable rents and security deposits have been paid in full.
7. Signature. Our reception of this application is consent only to this Application Agreement. It does not bind us to accept applicant or to sign the proposed Lease Contract.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR HOUSING WITH CENTURY 21 SWEYER & ASSOCIATES, RENTAL DIVISION:
It is the policy of Century 21 Sweyer Rentals to uphold Fair Housing Laws & not to deviate from these policies. We provide Equal Housing for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status.
• All persons occupying the property over the age of 18 must submit a Leaseholder Rental Application.
• Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
• Application must be completed in its entirety & include all required documents, in addition to application Fees, to be accepted as first in line.
• The approval process typically takes 48 business hours from the time we receive the completed application.
Checklist of Qualifications & Paperwork Needed:
1. CREDIT HISTORY: Century 21 Sweyer Rentals requires a Beacon Score of 600 or higher for standard acceptance.
2. OCCUPANY HISTORY: Century 21 Sweyer Rentals verifies 24 months of rental/ownership history.
Positive record of timely payments, sufficient notice to vacate, and absence of violations/damages are required. NOTE: Family members nor will friends be considered as previous landlord reference.
3. INCOME: Century 21 Sweyer Rentals requires verifiable gross income (before taxes) be local & equal to 3 times the amount of monthly rent.
Acceptable forms of income verification: Last Pay Stub, Letter from Employer on Company Letterhead, OR last year’s W-2, Plus 2 most recent bank statements.
Self-employed Applicants: Last year’s tax return or certified verification from Applicant’s accountant, Plus 2 most recent bank statements.
4. APPLICATION FEE:
$55 per Applicant
$110 married couple
Occupancy Standards: Occupancy Standards: 2 Persons per bedroom. 2 years of age and older are considered an occupant. New Hanover County Ordinance limits unrelated occupants to 3.
Cash, money orders, or checks are acceptable for payment for application fees. Century 21 Sweyer Rentals offers ½ off Application Fees for the following Preferred Employers: Corning, General Electric (GE), & Active Duty Military Only.
5. Photo ID: All Applicants (18 & Older) must submit copy of valid state/government ID.
6. Pets: All Applicants bringing any pet to a property must submit a PHOTO of their pet(s) with their Application.
* Pet fees required per each approved pet. Additional refundable deposits may also be required. PETS must be pre-approved.
$300 NON-REFUNDABLE PER Pet Fee Required – Max of 2 pets unless otherwise noted.
PHOTO OF PET REQUIRED * Century 21 Sweyer Rentals does not allow the following whether MIXED or Full breed: Pit Bulls/Staffordshire Terriers (any other name associated with this breed), Rottweilers, Dobermans, Chows, German Shepherds, Husky-types, Malamutes, Great Danes, Saint Bernards, Bull Mastiffs, Akitas) Let us know if your pet is a registered service dog.
• Co-signers: If any of the above qualifications are not met, with the exception of negative rental history, a qualified Co-signer may be accepted if the property owner allows.
• Co-signers must have minimum credit score of 660, positive Rental/Mortgage history and have a gross income (before taxes) equal to 4 times the amount of monthly rent.
Potential Co-signers must complete a Co-signer Application, Co-signer Addendum, & any other documents required by Agent. Co-signer will be fully responsible for the lease if the Tenant(s) default.
• Lease must be signed & Security Deposit paid in a money order or cashier’s check within 2 business days.
• Security Deposit is equal to one month’s rent.
• Lease must start within 7 business days of availability date.
The property for which you have applied may have HOA restrictions in addition to agents lease restrictions. It is your responsibility to be aware and abide by rules of the community in which you choose to live. A copy of the HOA rules is available upon request. Below is a list of common violation items.
• Pet(s) may not be allowed to occupy a property.
• Boats, boat trailers, wreckers, RV’s, commercial vehicles, work vehicles or any vehicle larger than a pick-up truck or standard SUV may not be allowed at the property.
• Century 21 Sweyer & Associates Rental Division does not allow trampolines, skateboard ramps, hot tubs, water beds or pools. Some HOA’s may not allow playground equipment.
• Multiple vehicles may cause parking issues (such as parking on street) and will not be allowed.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AN APARTMENT HOME WITH THE PARK AT THREE OAKS OR THE PARK AT VILLAGE OAKS:
It is the policy of Three Oak Properties, LLC / Park at Village Oaks, LLC to uphold Fair Housing Laws & not to deviate from these policies. We provide Equal Housing for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, familial status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Pricing and availability are subject to change, without notice.
A rental application must be truthfully completed for each prospective Resident who is 18 years or older who will occupy the apartment. Any false information may cause the application to be rejected or lease to be nullified. A non-refundable application fee must be paid for each applicant before the application will be accepted and processed. The applicant's information will be entered into a third party scoring system, which determines both rental eligibility and amount of security deposit. The application process typically takes 24-48 hours to complete, but could take longer if further investigation is required.
• Credit: Good credit history, with a credit score of 600 or higher for standard acceptance. Applicants with no credit, slow credit, or marginal credit may be approved with a co-signer and/or increased security deposit.
• Rental History: Three Oak Properties, LLC/ Park at Village Oaks, LLC reserves the right to verify up to 24 months of rental/mortgage payment history. A positive record of prompt monthly payment, sufficient notice, and no damages is expected. Renting from a relative or friend does not qualify.
• Income: Proof of stable and verifiable income must be provided. Income requirements are as follows:
Rent Only Option: 3 times the monthly rent
All Inclusive Rent Option: 2.5 times the monthly rent
Co-Signer Income Requirement: 4 times the monthly rent
Acceptable methods of income verification may include: current pay stubs, letter from employer on company letterhead, a letter from income tax preparer, accountant, or bank.
• International Applicants with no Social Security Number: must meet income requirements, have a qualified co-signer, and pay a security deposit in the amount of $1,000.
A Guarantor may be accepted, based on the third-party system recommendation. Guarantors must provide proof of income equal to or greater than four times the monthly rent amount, and must have a credit score of 700 or higher. A Guarantor must complete a Co-Signer application, a Co-Signer Agreement, and all other documents required by Management. A Guarantor is fully responsible for the lease if the resident(s) default.
1 Bedroom Maximum Occupancy 2 persons
2 Bedrooms Maximum Occupancy 5 persons
The Security Deposit amount is determined during the application process, based on credit/rental worthiness. The standard deposit is $500, but may be as high as two month's rent. The security deposit must be paid at the time of application in order to hold an apartment for you. No apartments will be held/reserved without a completed application and paid deposit. The security deposit will be returned, in full, if the credit application is declined. The security deposit will become non-refundable if the application is cancelled after 72 hours of submission.
Preferred Employer Program
Applicants participating through the PEP will receive 1/2 off application fee, 1/2 off community fee, and 1/2 off security deposit with approved credit (650 credit score or higher). Applicant may also receive a $25 per month rent discount off market rent. No discount will be given on reduced rates. Resident must sign a 12 month lease in order to receive the monthly discount. Only one discount per apartment.
We require all residents to carry a renters insurance policy, with a minimum of $100,000 in liability coverage. Three Oak Properties, LLC/ Park at Village Oaks, LLC must be listed as additional insured/additional interest. A Declaration Statement is required prior to move in.
Each apartment will be charged a $200 community fee at the time of move in.
A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, can be found by clicking here.
Washington State applicants only:You also have the right to request from the consumer reporting agency a written summary of your rights and remedies under the Washington Fair Credit Reporting Act.
New York/Maine applicants only:You have the right to inspect and receive a copy of any investigative consumer report requested by the Landlord by contacting the consumer reporting agency identified directly. You may also contact the Company to request the name, address and telephone number of the nearest unit of the consumer reporting agency designated to handle inquiries, which the Company shall provide within 5 days.
California applicants or residents only:By signing this application, you also acknowledge receipt of the NOTICE REGARDING BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PURSUANT TO CALIFORNIA LAW. Please contact the consumer reporting agency if you would like to receive a copy of an investigative consumer report or consumer credit report at no charge if one is obtained by the Company whenever you have a right to receive such a copy under California law.